Hello and thank you for coming by to visit my blog. I am a photographer, mom and wife. I love my life and all the little details that surround it. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways and I am so thankful that I am able to do the things I love to do....be a photographer and a mommy. Please share your thoughts with me and throw some comments my way. They always brighten my day. Thanks again for coming by to visit and come back and see me. If I haven't met you, I look forward to meeting you someday. Have a great and blessed day!

-jamie

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Knocking Out Cancer...

Last weekend, my husband and I attended our first Relay for Life. We were on a team of friends and we were called Team KO - Knocking out Cancer. We stayed all night long and had a great time serving coffee throughout the night, walking, running and sharing some laughs with friends. Also, a member of our team won the "Most Spirited" award because he ran 12 miles...yes, 12 miles without stopping. Drum roll please.....the recipient of that award went to Klint Ostermann. He is forever defined as the "most spirited"! I donated a $250 gift certificate for our raffle item and we sold tickets throughout the night. Thanks you so much to everyone that entered and donated to the American Cancer Society. JJ Belcher was the winner of the gift certificate! Congratulations!!!!

It was just over a year ago that I lost my Poppy to cancer. I have missed him so much and will continue to miss him dearly. All of the memories just start pouring in when I think of him. I couldn't have asked for a better grandfather. I love you Poppy and I will see you again! :)



You will have to excuse the quality of the photos. They were all taken with my little point-n-shoot camera. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment